Turmeric is a bright orange coloured spice that has been in use for thousands of years in cooking and medicine. Through its antioxidant mechanisms, the active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, supports gastrointestinal (GI) health, provides neuroprotective activity, and helps to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system.
Curcumin has been shown to play a crucial role in maintaining proper inflammatory balance in a variety of bodily systems due to its strong NFkB-modulating properties. Studies have shown curcumin supports the maintenance of balanced inflammation in the GI tract [1,2], promoting GI mucosal health and helping to reduce stomach lining discomfort . Curcumin has been found to provide antioxidant protection to the cardiovascular system , and to help modulate low mood and fatigue by supporting a normal immune response, reducing oxidative stress and intestinal hyper-permeability .
My Daily Turmeric is formulated specifically to support healthy inflammatory balance and musculoskeletal health. It includes the key ingredient turmeric, standardized to include 95% Curcumin. It also has Black Pepper extract, BioPerine to aid in absorption.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsules one time daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare practitioner.
– Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant, taking other diuretics, or have low blood sugar, a kidney disorder, gallstones, a bile duct obstruction, stomach ulcers or excess stomach acid.
– Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. If you are taking any other medications or natural health products, consult a health care practitioner prior to use, as black pepper may alter their effectiveness.
– Some people may experience headaches or mild gastrointestinal side effects such as diarrhea.
– Allergic reactions can occur in people allergic to plants of the Zingiberaceae family.
– Keep out of reach of children.
– Do not use if seal is broken.
– Store in a cool, dry place.
1. Kumar S, Ahuja V, Sankar MJ, Kumar A, Moss AC. Curcumin for maintenance of remission in ulcerative colitis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012 Oct 17;10:CD008424.
2. Baliga MS, Joseph N, Venkataranganna MV, Saxena A, Ponemone V, Fayad R. Curcumin, an active component of turmeric in the prevention and treatment of ulcerative colitis: preclinical and clinical observations. Food Funct 2012 Nov;3(11):1109-17.
3. Bengmark S, Mesa MD, Gil A. Plant-derived health: the effects of turmeric and curcuminoids. Nutr Hosp 2009 May-Jun;24(3):273-81.
4. Kapakos G, Youreva V, Srivastava AK. Cardiovascular protection by curcumin: molecular aspects. Indian J Biochem Biophys 2012 Oct;49(5):306-15.
5. Lopresti AL, Hood SD, Drummond PD. Multiple antidepressant potential modes of action of curcumin: a review of its anti-inflammatory, monoaminergic, antioxidant, immune-modulating and neuroprotective effects.